Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Boogers and Vampires


Griffin, Reilly, and I were reading together again tonight. Griffin chose the books. I was so excited to see books that did not contain super heroes (see Sept. 11 post)...Griffin even selected a book of poems:0 I thought,"Gosh, he's expanding his literary preferences," ...that is, until he insisted on my reading this poem (3 times):

Booger Love
I love this little booger,
All shiny green and black.
You can hold it for a minute,
But I want my booger back.

It stays right where I put it,
It sure knows how to stick.
And if it gets to dry...?
It just needs a little lick.

I can hold it on my finger,
I can flick it in the air,
I can stick it underneath a desk,
Or underneath a chair.

I can make a ball and roll it
Just to see which way it goes.
I love this booger anywhere
Except inside my nose.
by Brod Bagert

For the record, we are also reading this quality literary selection (teehee)...almost finished...on chapter 13!!! TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited that your kids are into books until I read the poem! :o) Ok, I really am excited they love books and the poem is such a guy thing. You sure made me smile again today.

DW