Saturday, August 19, 2006

Rolling Down The River part 1

Hey! Got back from the float trip last night at around 8:00 to a power outage in our neighborhood:( We were filthy, exhausted, irritable, and without light. I cannot tell you how upset this made us.
After last year's floating experience in the canoe...myself and 2 kids (all of us clueless on how to manouver a boat)...I made the executive decision to get the raft for my family. Even though Steve and Sydney would be joining us this year, I did not want to worry about tipping over (which we did last year) or about splitting the fam up with 2 canoes.
It was a 2 hour drive to our destination. I was in the backseat, and was oblivious to where we were going...still do not know what river we were on:0 We were, of course, late getting started. We arrived at the meeting place on time, but you know how it goes when coordinating 4 families, 3 cars, and 8 kids:0 We arrived at the river and signed in...Steve was ticked when he found out that the raft was $100!
We got all our crap together to get on the bus, when I realized that I had misplaced my camera. I freaked out!!! Why go on an adventure if you can't record it for the blog or scrapbook...LOL? I drove everyone nuts...going through all the bags, holding up the bus so I could check our vehicle again, etc. etc... Matt even tried to convince me that he remembered seeing it in their car...nice try, Matt! I finally settled down after recovering it from Sydney's bag once we were on the river...embarrassed my kids, though, with my screams of joy!!!
To Be Continued (after my nap)...

No comments: