Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Wedding Crashers



We crashed a wedding reception in Bunceton, MO!!!
Well, actually, Christian got the invite, and 4 of us tagged along in order to meet Sara Evans! Christian's concrete guy, Troy, called her up and told her that Sara was going to be in town for a wedding. Sara's brother and sister were playing in a band with Troy and the groom-to-be. He said that she would probably get up and sing with them and she should come check it out!
Now, we weren't sure whether or not she would actually be there, but that didn't stop us from roadtrippin' it to Bunceton...population 348!
We got a late start...getting there at about 10:30pm (that's really late for us old ladies). The Lion's Club was rockin'...Sara was onstage with the band playing the drums. A few minutes later, she exited the stage and made her way to the bathroom...that's when I made my move! I followed her in, and went into the empty stall. I noticed that there was only one square left on my toilet paper roll. I said, "I've only got one square...do you have anytoilet paper??" She handed me a roll under the stall. Now, if I had been smart, I would have pocketed the roll and had Christian (the ebay queen) sell it for me on ebay...LOL!!
Anyway, we had an absolute ball during the next few hours. The music was great...we danced the night away...I even brought out some of my "moves" (even though I promised the kids not to do anything embarrassing). Nobody seemed to mind that we were crashing...we got to know some really nice people!!!
The night is still kind of a blur to me, so I'm going to have to rely on my friends/partners in crime to help me tell this tale...I'm counting on some good comments Christian, LaLa, Molly and Denise.
PS More picts to come...when I have more time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! Did you know that her brother - who plays in the band - is a friend of mine from work? You were closer to celebrity than you knew!

DW

Christian said...

OK EE! I must make one correction to the story. The concrete guys name is "Rodney", not Troy. But other than that all is true. We had an Awesome time dancing the night away and singing as loud as we possibly could. Hanging with Sara was way cool, and we have the pictures to prove it. I definately need to get out with the girls more often. Even my husband agrees. He says I haven't quit talking about last night. I really had a lot of fun in Good 'Ol Bunceton, MO!!!! I'm ready for another road trip anytime girls!!!! Christian

EE said...

DW- You've been holding back on me!!!!! Do you have any other celeb connections that you haven't yet shared??????
Love, EE

EE said...

Christian- Can't believe I forgot Rodney's name...since I was yelling it all night...lol!!!!! Thanks again for the invite and the great memories!!!!!!!! Love, EE

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome! Wish everyone could meet someone famous.

Anonymous said...

WOW! It must be nice to have such good friends to go out with and crash weddings. What's next; bank robbery?

Anonymous said...

ee...i guess you should tell everyone that you were in a movie with michelle pfeifer (sp)....maybe we can find some pictures at mom's house.