Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Great News!!!


My mom had her surgery today and we received very good news. According to the initial tests, the cancer has not spread to her Lymph Nodes. We will get confirmation of this in 2 days. Also, they were able to remove the cancer with no problem. The doctor also said something about the margins being good...didn't understand this, and was only half listening while he tried to explain it (I'll get Aunt Debbie to try to explain this to me again later). She'll start radiation or chemo in about 2 or 3 weeks...the doctors have to get together, review the information, and come up with a plan of action for the type of systematic therapy that she will receive. She is home and seems to be sore, but comfortable.
We are absolutely thrilled with the news!!!! It has been a pretty emotional summer- I am so thankful that she is going to be all right...God is good!!!!!! Nothing prepares you for the illness of a parent...especially someone as special as my mom. I'm definitely going to have much more compassion for others who experience similar events...now, I may not cook them dinner (LOL), but I'll be better able to empathize with their circumstances!!!!!
Anyway, on a lighter note... played soccer with the moms tonight. My team totally kicked butt...the score was 5-0!!! I was in the goal the entire game...had tremendous defenders, so we were able to shut out the pinkies!!!! I absolutely love playing...I'm afraid to get out of the goalie box...am sooooo out-of-shape and am far more comfortable using my hands than my feet:0 The picts. below were taken after the game when my kids were shooting balls at me.
We'll be playing in the Show-Me-State Games on August 4th...wish us luck!!!!!!

Reilly got a few past me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful your mom (and all of you) got good news!!!!!! Your parents are almost as special to me as you are.

Hugs!!!!

DW