Saturday, July 01, 2006

Clean Sweep






Hard work at the S household today!!!! Aunt Debbie motivated me to clean/powerwash the garage. I know this is of no interest to most people, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself!!! There are certain jobs that fall to me in this household (not cooking, of course), and the garage is one of them. Aunt Debbie borrowed dad's power washer last weekend, so this morning we put it to good use. We started with the "easy" garage... Aunt Debbie's took us about an hour...almost clean enough to eat off of before we even started (the McDonough genes coming out, definitely)! We loaded up the machine when we were through and headed over to my house...I had accidentally left the garage door cracked overnight, and a wild animal had broken through a couple of trash bags and had strewn trash everywhere! It was a little overwhelming, to say the least. The kiddos came out to help...lasted about 15 minutes before they lost interest:( Took us about 2 hours to complete the job...forgotten how rewarding completing a job like that could be:) Aunt Debbie, then, suggested that I go in and make a list of all the things that I'd like to accomplish around the house the rest of the summer...ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TTFN

No comments: